Thursday, March 1, 2018

Showcase: Kahl-Agul

'lo all 😊

It's been a while, hasn't it? Well, that has a lot of reasons that I won't bother you with. I pretty much finished my Kahl-Agul bust by Karol Rudyk Art to the point where I feel comfortable showcasing it. The paintjob itself has been done for a while and I'm sure a lot of people already seen it, but I was looking for the perfect plinth and how to create the blood effect I want envisioned when I started the project.

Apparently, getting an oval-shaped plinth is hard, so I had to look for a custom job. My friend Pete Watson sorted me out with one, and this enabled me to continue, and finish this project.

Another challenge was the blood effects. It is absolutely terrifying to cover your model with red-inked water gel. Luckily, it turned out pretty gruesome and awesome.

On with the pictures:




This is truly a creature you don't want to encounter in the dark! Eventually, I might finish up this bust with some blood streaming from its open mouth. It needs some saliva at least, but blood would make it more gruesome.

I really loved painting this bust! I will do my best to keep you guys updated on projects!

Cya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment